Everyone who dedicates a star to their loved one will receive a personal invitation to attend the Light up a Life switch-on ceremony at the hospice on Ashgate Road, Old Brampton, Chesterfield, Derbyshire, S42 7JD, from 5pm, on December 8th 2019.
This is an opportunity to join with others in remembering someone special and chance to bring all our shining lights together. A service for all will be led by our hospice chaplains. There will also be performances from Castleton Silver Band and Aurora Choir and the event will be hosted by Spire Radio.
Parking at the hospice site is extremely limited and these parking spaces will be reserved for disabled/blue badge holders and for people visiting patients at the hospice. There will be a FREE park and ride service operating from Morrisons, Chatsworth Road, Chesterfield, S40 3DP from 4.30pm. Park your car in this secure car park and allow our dedicated team of volunteers to shuttle you in the minibus on the short 5-minute journey to Ashgate Hospicecare, where you can enjoy our Light up a Life switch-on ceremony.
Once all the lights have been switched on at our ceremony, they will shine brightly throughout the Christmas period, bringing comfort to patients, families, volunteers, staff and visitors at the hospice.
What is Light up a Life?
Light up a Life, which runs throughout the whole of winter, gives you the opportunity to celebrate someone you love. By making a donation and dedicating a star to someone you love, not only will their star shine brightly, you will be helping to ensure that, wherever possible, patients and their families can get the support they need seven days a week, so they can stay at home together, for as long as possible.
How to Light up a Life this Christmas:
- You can dedicate a star to your loved one in our virtual night sky by going to our website here.
- You can call our Fundraising Team on 01246 567250 to make your dedication by telephone.
- You can make your dedication in person at Ashgate Hospicecare or in one of our shops.
In return for your Light up a Life donation, you will receive…
- Two Light up a Life stars on which you can write your very own message. You may wish to keep one to display at home and send the other one back to us. We display everyone’s star on a special tree in our reception area.
- A Light up a Life dedication card with your personal message printed on it to keep as a token of our gratitude.
- A small gift of your choice. You can choose between a pin badge or a wishstring bracelet.
There are still 1 in 4 families who need hospice care who can’t get it. Your donation to Light up a Life this year will ensure that people in North Derbyshire get the help they need, when they need it. As well as Light up a Life being a special way to celebrate somebody you love, your donation will help to raise vital funds for the care and support of patients and families in our local community. On their behalf, we thank you.
We’d like to say a huge thank you to Harold Lilleker & Sons Ltd for sponsoring Light up a Life this year. This ensures that all funds raised can go towards patient care.