Get your wellies ready because it’s time for walkies! You and your four-legged friend could make a difference to patients across North Derbyshire by taking on the Woofs and Wellies sponsored dog walk on Sunday 14th April 2019.
The walk starts at 10am from Ashgate Hospicecare, but please aim to arrive between 9am and 10am to sign in and get ready and raring to go. The route will lead you around the beautiful Linacre Reservoirs and back to the Hospice (roughly 4.5 miles). Once you’ve crossed over the finish line, your mucky pups will receive a special goody bag and medal!
Back at the Hospice, there will also be a Spring Fair for the whole family to enjoy from 12pm and is free to attend! From cakes and sweet treats to homemade gin and wood fired pizza to treats for your pampered pooch… There are lots of exciting stalls to browse, all to help raise vital funds for the Hospice. There will also be an entertaining dog show by the amazing Richard Curtis as seen on Crufts!
Last year, the event raised an incredible £6,350.83! This could pay for 129 patients to receive a two hour Hospice at Home visit, enabling them to stay in their own homes with their loved ones. So, are you ready to go mutts and help more patients and their families across North Derbyshire access hospice care?
Online entry fee for Woofs and Wellies is just £5 for adults and £1 for children. Entry to the Spring Fair is free.
If you have any questions about Woofs and Wellies, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with our Fundraising Team on 01246 567250 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
P.S. Why not set up a JustGiving page to help raise vital funds for the Hospice? It’s simple, follow this link to create your page. Job done! Your fundraising page is now set up and ready to accept donations. You can personalise your page with a photo of your pooch and share it with your friends and family.
Terms and conditions:
- Ashgate Hospicecare can accept no liability during this event for:
Any injury or difficulty to a pre-existing health condition you or your dog may sustain.
Any property you may lose or damage.
- You must notify us of any medical conditions to any participant prior to the event.
- All sponsorship money raised must be sent to Ashgate Hospicecare no later than 14th May 2019.
- All children must be registered to the event and must be supervised at all times by an adult who is also registered for Woofs and Wellies.
- All dogs are the responsibility of their owners and must be kept on a lead at all times. You must clear up after your dog(s).
- Dogs must be in a healthy condition and up to date on vaccines.
- You must report back to the registration desk after you finish your walk to be accounted for.
Kindly sponsored by Dunston Lodge.