Lottery – Terms & Conditions
ASHGATE HOSPICECARE WEEKLY LOTTERY
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
All proceeds from the Ashgate Hospicecare Lottery go directly towards funding the services provided by Ashgate Hospicecare which provides care for adult patients living with a terminal illness.
1. New players will be sent a unique randomly selected 5 digit draw number, created by approved secure computer software.
2. All subscriptions received at £1 per week per entry, payable in advance, will be entered into the weekly draw using the unique 5 digit draw number. The draw will normally take place each Friday.
3. The prize structure for the weekly lottery is as follows: 1st prize: £1,000; 2nd prize: £250; 3rd prize: £75; 4th prize: £50; 5th prize £25; plus 10 prizes of £10.
4. During the draw, the Lottery computer randomly picks a number for each prize between a lower and upper limit. If the number drawn belongs to an active player who is in credit, then they win the prize.
*The second prize is different in so far as if the number drawn has no matching player number who is in credit the prize will roll over to the following week. If the prize is not won, the 2nd prize money for that week is ring fenced in the prize bank account and is added to the next weeks prize fund. This process will continue every week until either the second prize is won or until the rollover prize builds up to the maximum of £10,000.
When the maximum rollover prize limit is reached the computer will be allowed to continue to select numbers until an active player who is in credit is selected; that person will win the jackpot of £10,000.
5. Prize winners are automatically notified by post and a cheque will be sent to them within 7 days of the draw taking place. Weekly winning numbers are published in the Derbyshire Times (space permitting), in all Ashgate Hospicecare shops and on the Ashgate Hospicecare website.
6. All winners cheques must be cashed within six months of the date on the cheque. Any cheques not cashed within six months will be treated as a donation.
7. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to take part in promotional activity and Ashgate Hospicecare reserves the right to use the name and address of the winner and their photograph in any publicity unless notified otherwise.
8. The regular payment facility can be by direct debit, standing order, cheque, debit/credit card. Direct debits may be set up over the telephone or by signed mandate.
9. We promise to comply with all Data Protection Act requirements and protect your personal data. Please note that Ashgate Hospicecare will not accept liability for the loss, theft or delay in any communication sent by post, email or for any delays in the banking system.
10. Subscription cancellation can be carried out at any time, and the lottery number will be omitted from the weekly draw when the last round £1 has been used. Any remaining odd pence amounting to less than £1 will be treated as a donation to Ashgate Hospicecare. If you pay by direct debit or standing order, the lottery subscription must be cancelled in writing to your bank with a copy to Ashgate Hospicecare Lottery, Ashgate Road, Chesterfield, Derbyshire S42 7JD. Please contact the Ashgate Hospicecare Lottery office if you need further assistance.
11. We reserve the right to refuse an application, or to cancel an existing subscription at our absolute discretion. Any such rejection or cancellation may be reconsidered on submission of a written appeal to the Director of Fundraising and Communications within 7 days. The decision of the Director of Fundraising and Communications will be final.
12. Any change of subscription details including change of address should be notified by the player to Ashgate Hospicecare.
13. An instruction to be self excluded, as defined in the Gambling Act 2005, from the Ashgate Hospicecare Lottery or any other Ashgate Hospicecare Prize Draw, may be submitted in writing, emailed or telephoned to the Ashgate Hospicecare Lottery office.
14. Under the Gambling Act 2005 Ashgate Hospicecare Lottery has a statutory duty to verify that all players are aged 16 or over. It is an offence for anyone under the age of 16 to participate in any form of gambling, including lotteries. Ashgate Hospicecare Lottery may on occasion carry out checks to verify this requirement. If any player is subsequently found to be under 16 years of age, any subscriptions already paid will be returned and every effort made to retrieve any winnings.
15. Ashgate Hospicecare Lottery is a member of The Hospice Lotteries Association, who on behalf of their members make a financial contribution towards the Responsible Gambling Trust www.responsiblegamblingtrust.org.uk. The Hospice Lotteries Association website (hospicelotteries.org.uk) has a page dedicated to responsible gambling and provides details about the Responsible Gambling Trust and GAMCARE (gamcare.org.uk), the leading organisation that provides practical help to problem gamblers. Further support can also be found on the GambleAware website (gambleaware.co.uk).
If you are worried about online gambling then you can download a site blocker such as Gamblock (www.gamblock.com) or Netnanny (www.netnanny.com), which can block access to online gambling sites. There is likely to be a cost for these services.
Some members may wish to exclude themselves from future play and Ashgate Hospicecare can assist members at any time if requested. If you wish to self exclude yourself from our lottery, please fill out our self exclusion form link here
16. Any complaint relating to the operation of the lottery should be sent in writing in the first instance to Aaron Firth, Ashgate Hospicecare, Ashgate Road, Chesterfield, Derbyshire S42 7JD. In the event that a complaint or dispute remains unresolved it will be referred to arbitration via the Independent Betting Adjudication Service (IBAS). Please find the full complaints and disputes procedure here.
17. All monies received as advanced payments will be held in a ring fenced bank account prior to each draw being made, and will not be applied to any other use than that of funding entries into the draw prior to the draw.
18. Ashgate Hospicecare Lottery reserves the right to amend or modify these Terms and Conditions without notice. Players may obtain a copy of these Terms and Conditions in writing by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the Lottery Office or by visiting our website (ashgatehospicecare.org.uk).
Promoter: P Bradbury. Lottery operated by Ashgate Hospicecare and registered with the Gambling Commission under the Gambling Act 2005 (www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk).