Reopening our shops safely
We have been planning the reopening of our shops for many weeks now so that we do it in a way that is safe for our staff, volunteers, customers and donors while also providing a positive shopping experience for our customers. We are opening our shops in a phased way so we can be sure our systems are working well. It is important to us that we do open our shops if we can as they are a very valuable revenue stream for us – contributing 29% of our total income in any one year.
Anticipated order of openings:
From 15th June:
- Hasland site re-opens (except for Clearance shop and coffee shop).
From 22nd June:
- Clowne, Dronfield, Rowsley and Alfreton retail shops reopen.
From 29th June:
- Matlock, Clay Cross, Chesterfield, Eckington, Bakewell, Shirebrook and Bolsover retail shops reopen.
From 6th July:
- Staveley shop reopens.
Our clearance shop and coffee shops will remain closed until further notice.
To protect our staff, volunteers, customers and donors:
- We have installed Perspex screens by the tills and donation points
- We have made it easier for you to navigate our shop floors at safe, 2 metre distances
- We have closed our changing rooms in line with government guidance until it is safe to reopen them
- We have extended our Return Policy to 60 days
- We will be opening our shops on restricted opening hours (10am to 4pm Monday – Saturday) and Donation Centre (10am to 2pm) to ensure that teams have an hour at the start and end of the day to clean and prepare our shops
- We will be closing our shops on Sundays until August at the earliest
- We will be asking customers to pay contactless by card. No cash donations will be accepted
- We will be quarantining all donations for a period of 72 hours before they are processed and put onto our salesfloors for general sale where possible
- We will be asking customers to donate stock during set times only to ensure that our teams can process these donations safely. We are only able to accept donations between 10am to 12pm in our shops and 10am to 2pm in our Donation Centre (or until daily quota is met).
We will continually review social distancing measures in store, once we are open to the public, making amendments where necessary.
What hasn’t changed is the warm, friendly welcome you will get from our staff and volunteers – we will be so pleased to welcome you back in our stores again after such a long time!
We have also created some FAQs which should help to answer some of the questions that you might currently have about our shops reopening. Please click here to view our FAQs.
For the opening times and contact details of your local Ashgate shop, please click here.