Reopening our shops safely
We have been planning the reopening of all our shops and coffee shops for many weeks, so that we do it in a way that is safe for our staff, volunteers, customers and donors whilst also providing a positive shopping experience for our customers. All of our shops are now open, except for our Clearance shop, which will remain closed until further notice.
It is important to us that we do open our shops and coffee shops as they are a very valuable revenue stream for us – contributing 29% of our total income in any one year.
To protect our staff, volunteers, customers and donors within our retail stores:
- We have installed Perspex screens by the tills and donation points
- We have made it easier for you to navigate our shop floors at safe, 2 metre distances
- We have closed our changing rooms in line with government guidance until it is safe to reopen them
- We have extended our Return Policy to 60 days
- We will be opening our shops on restricted opening hours (10am to 4pm Monday – Saturday) and Donation Centre (10am to 2pm) to ensure that teams have an hour at the start and end of the day to clean and prepare our shops
- We will be closing our shops on Sundays until August at the earliest
- We will be asking customers to pay contactless by card. No cash donations will be accepted
- We will be asking anyone who visits our shops to wear a face covering before entering. Our staff and volunteers will also be wearing face coverings to help keep the wider community safe and prevent the spread of coronavirus.
- We will be quarantining all donations for a period of 72 hours before they are processed and put onto our salesfloors for general sale where possible
- We will be asking customers to donate stock during set times only to ensure that our teams can process these donations safely. We are only able to accept donations between 10am to 12pm in our shops and 10am to 2pm in our Donation Centre (or until daily quota is met).
To protect our staff, volunteers, customers and donors within our coffee shops:
- We have reduced our table numbers to ensure all customers can keep a safe, two metre distance from other diners.
- We will be running table service, which your host will discuss with you upon arrival.
- We have adapted our menu to help our kitchen teams to adhere to social distancing
- We will be taking card and contactless payments only.
- We have increased the frequency of instore cleaning and have amended our opening hours to support our teams in completing this every day.
- When entering for a takeaway, please wear a face covering in line with government guidance.
We will continually review social distancing measures in store, making amendments where necessary.
What hasn’t changed is the warm, friendly welcome you will get from our staff and volunteers – we will be so pleased to welcome you back in our stores again after such a long time!
We have also created some FAQs which should help to answer some of the questions that you might currently have about our shops reopening. Please click here to view our FAQs.
For the opening times and contact details of your local Ashgate shop, please click here.