Time commitment: A regular commitment is important. Ideally, one morning or afternoon per week. Although a few hours are still valuable to us.
Ashgate Hospicecare recognises that volunteers across our retail businesses play a vital part in the success of the hospice and the care it provides to patients and their families. Our volunteers support and promote the wider hospice and help up to form valuable links within the community. For that, we are extremely grateful.
Role description: To be part of a small team of staff and volunteers that help to generate income for the hospice by promoting online sales on eBay, Amazon and Music Magpie.
What the role may involve?
- Finding the best outlet for goods sold online
- Researching the value and prices of goods
- Listing items for sale on eBay and Amazon
- Getting items ready for auction
- Preparing items for posting after they have been sold online
- Checking that consoles and games are in working order and fit for sale.
- Answering online customer queries
What kind of people are we looking for?
- Someone that is comfortable with online selling and/or photography
- Knowledge of marketing and sales would be an advantage, but not essential
- If you can spot something of value, we’d like to hear from you
- Someone that can identify fakes and assess the quality of goods
- Will complete and attend our statutory training, within the first 2 months
- Will abide by the policies and procedures of Ashgate Hospicecare
What we can offer
- The chance to be part of a friendly and supportive team. 88% of our volunteers would recommend Ashgate as a place to volunteer to their family and friends.
- A real opportunity to raise valuable funds for the Hospice
- The opportunity to develop skills and experience in online sales
- We will provide you with all the necessary training for your role and develop your current skills
- Full travel expenses paid
To apply please download, complete and return the enquiry form to Voluntary Services.
For more information on the role please contact the Voluntary Services Team at Ashgate Hospicecare on 01246 568801 or email email@example.com.