The Donation Centre is the ‘go to place’ for members of the public who wish to donate items to Ashgate Hospicecare. Donated items are sorted here and then distributed to our 15 retail shops.
We are looking for Volunteer Community Collections Drivers to help us with this task.
A regular commitment is important. Ideally, one morning or afternoon per week, although a few hours a week are still valuable to us.
What the role may involve?
- Collecting donations from members of the public and recycling textile bins
- Delivering the donations to the DC
- Distributing donations to the various Ashgate retails stores
- Driving the vehicle
- Acting as a representative of Ashgate
- Light lifting, moving and handling
- Keeping the vehicle clean and tidy, reporting any issues or faults to the supervisor
What kind of people are we looking for?
- Someone who is sociable and friendly
- Can carry out the role with minimum supervision and fits in with the whole team
- Understands the importance of representing the hospice within the community
- Can give a regular commitment and would let us know if they are unavailable
- Will complete and attend our essential training, within the first 3 months
- Will abide by the policies and procedures of Ashgate Hospicecare
What we can offer
- The chance to be part of a friendly and supportive team
- A real opportunity to get involved with your local community and support patient care at the hospice
- We will provide you with all the necessary training for your role and develop your current skills
- Full travel expenses paid
For further information please refer to the role description or contact Voluntary Services via email Volunteering@ashgatehospicecare.org.uk or telephone 01246 568801. If you would like to come along for an informal chat then please do get in touch.
To apply please download, complete and return the Volunteer Enquiry Form to Voluntary Services.