A regular commitment is important. Ideally, one morning or afternoon per week, although a few hours a week are still valuable to us.
The Donation Centre is the ‘go to place’ for members of the public who wish to donate items to Ashgate Hospicecare. Donated items are sorted here and then distributed to our 15 retail shops.
There are many different roles within the warehouse. No two days are the same. There are roles on the reception receiving the donations, promoting Gift Aid and general admin duties. Then you could be behind the scenes sorting donated stock to be distributed to the stores. A keen eye for detail is useful, ensuring that items are in good condition and fit for sale.
What the role may involve?
- Receiving donations from members of the public
- Promoting Gift Aid and the work of the Hospice
- Maintaining the reception area so that it is clean and tidy
- Sorting donated stock
- General administration duties and answering the phone
- Light lifting, moving and handling
What kind of people are we looking for?
- Someone who is sociable, friendly and has excellent communication skills
- Can carry out the role with minimum supervision and fits in with the whole team
- Understands the importance of representing the hospice within the community
- Can give a regular commitment and would let us know if they are unavailable
- Will complete and attend our essential training, within the first 3 months
- Will abide by the policies and procedures of Ashgate Hospicecare
What we can offer
- The chance to be part of a friendly and supportive team
- A real opportunity to get involved with your local community and support patient care at the hospice
- We will provide you with all the necessary training for your role and develop your current skills
- Full travel expenses paid
For further information please refer to the role description or contact Voluntary Services via email Volunteering@ashgatehospicecare.org.uk or telephone 01246 568801. If you would like to come along for an informal chat then please do get in touch.
To apply please download, complete and return the Volunteer Enquiry Form to Voluntary Services.