If you have a caring nature and excellent communication skills then volunteering in our Inpatient Unit may be the role for you. Working as part of a team of volunteers who serve refreshments and meals to patients on the Ward being a friendly face and listening ear to those who need it.
We are actively seeking volunteers to support our Inpatient Unit (IPU). If you have good communication skills and enjoy spending time with people then we would like to hear from you. Our Inpatient Unit Assistants carry out a variety of duties including:
- Helping serve breakfasts, morning coffee, lunches, afternoon teas and suppers
- Providing companionship and engaging in conversation with patients
- Undertaking activities with patients e.g. reading and card games
- Helping to take orders for food and obtaining feedback from patients
- Monday supper (5.00pm – 6.30pm) – every other week
- Saturday supper (5:00pm-6:30pm)
- Sunday afternoon tea (2.00pm – 3.30pm)
For further information please refer to the role description or contact Voluntary Services via email Volunteering@ashgatehospicecare.org.uk or telephone 01246 568801. If you would like to come along for an informal chat then please do get in touch.
To apply please download, complete and return the application form together with the recruitment monitoring form, returning both forms Voluntary Services.