The care team on our 21-bed Inpatient Unit are there to provide specialist care, support and advice to people who have a progressive illness which is not curable.
We are seeking volunteers to help support our Ward Clerks, meeting and greeting visitors to the Inpatient Unit (IPU), answering the telephone and signposting callers to the most appropriate person and carrying out general administrative support. The ward clerks work in a busy, front of house position with lots of activity throughout the day.
What the role may involve:
- Answering the telephone
- Greeting visitors to the ward
- Photocopying documents
- Faxing information
- Assembling admission packs
What kind of people are we looking for?
- Someone with effective communication skills, is sociable, friendly and fits in with the whole team
- The ability to work empathetically and sensitively with the skills to cope with the demands of emotional patients and relatives
- Previous experience in a similar public facing/customer service role would be an advantage
- An understanding of confidentiality and the importance of abiding by Ashgate’s policies and procedure
- IT skills would be advantageous.
- Will attend all Essential Training in the first 8 weeks
- Wednesday evenings
For further information please refer to the role description or contact Voluntary Services via email Volunteering@ashgatehospicecare.org.uk or telephone 01246 568801. If you would like to come along for an informal chat then please do get in touch.
To apply please download, complete and return the application form together with the recruitment monitoring form, returning both forms Voluntary Services.